Indian Hill Manor & Farm Rentals
Hold your next meeting or event in the unique setting of Indian Hill Manor and Farm, a jewel located on the bluff of the beautiful Kishwaukee River where nature and history meet. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it is a historic treasure that is close to I-90/39, Chicago-Rockford International Airport, and the Rockford metropolitan region.
Indian Hill Manor, the manor grounds and the farm are available for rental for meetings and events by businesses and non-profit organizations. Community groups that support the mission of the Smeja Homestead Foundation may also rent the manor, grounds or farm. The facilities are not available for private parties, weddings or showers. The grounds, manor and farm may be rented for professional photography, based on the purpose and use of the photos.
- The manor has space for small meetings and dinners of 12-20 people, or receptions of 20-40 people.
- An enclosed pole barn, with a gas grill, mini refrigerator and microwave is available for larger picnics or workshops.
- A projector and screen are available for power point presentations in the manor, and a flat-screen screen is available for digital displays.
- WiFi service is only available in the manor.
- A kitchen is available for catered food service. We can make arrangements for food service, or you can make your own with our approved caterers.
- Indian Hill Manor & Farm is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The historic site is not ADA handicapped accessible at this time.
Highlights of Rental Agreement
- Food Service & Beverages: Renter provides all food, beverages and decorations. There are restrictions on serving red beverages and sauces because of potential stains on carpets. We can help with caterers. The kitchen is not yet a certified catering kitchen.
- Insurance & Liability: Renter must provide Certificates of Insurance for general liability and dram shop insurance if alcoholic beverages are served.
- Payment & Cancellation Policy: Renter must pay a $200 security deposit and a deposit of 50% of the rental fee to reserve a date. The balance of the rental fee is due 30 days prior to the event. The security deposit will be returned if no damage occurs, but rental fees will be forfeited if the event is cancelled less than 30 days prior to the event.
- All facilities or grounds activities, including set-up and clean-up, must take place within the reserved time period.
- Request a copy of the complete rental guidelines and rental agreement by sending an e-mail to Smejafdn@gmail.com or send an email using the form below.