Tours of the Manor
Looking for something new and different for your group activity? Consider a tour of Indian Hill Manor and Farm. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the manor, farm and grounds offer a unique opportunity to learn about the life of the gentlemen farmer in the early 1900s in Northern Illinois. Guided tours of the manor, the dairy farm and the grounds, designed by noted landscape architect O. C. Simonds, are available to groups on a prearranged basis.
PRIVATE TOURS OF MANOR AND GROUNDS – $100 to book tour/$20 person
- Private tours for groups of 1-5 people scheduled in advance.
- Private tours are available April – December except holidays and Sundays.
- Schedule private tours by calling 815-964-6464. To allow us to prepare for your visit, please book 2 weeks in advance.
PUBLIC TOURS OF MANOR – $20 person
- Public tours through RVC or other scheduled group of 6-9 people.
- Group tours are available April – December except holidays and Sundays.
- Call 815-9 to schedule a group tour.
PUBLIC TOURS OF GROUNDS – $20 person
- Public tours for groups or garden clubs of 6-9 people
- Group tours of the grounds and gardens are available April – October except holidays and Sundays.
- Call 815-904-5690 to schedule a group tour.
PUBLIC TOURS OF FARM – $20 person
- Public tours for groups of 6-9 people
- Group tours of the farm are available April – October except holidays and Sundays.
- Call 815-964-6464 to schedule a group tour.
Public Tour Guidelines
- Learn about the lives of Charles and Esta Barrett, and the Manor and Grounds designed as an early 20th Century Gentleman’s Farm.
- The tour lasts approximately 60 minutes.
- At this time we are requiring all guests to wear a face covering when inside the Manor. Masks will be provided, if needed.
- Public tour groups will be limited to 6 to 8 people.
- PARKING: Please park in the grassed parking area west of the Manor. If you have any questions or need special assistance that requires you to be dropped off directly at the Manor, please call our office at 815-964-6464.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Both interior and exterior photography are allowed (no tripods or selfie sticks).
- NOTE: Public restrooms are not available at the Manor. Smoking and vaping are strictly prohibited in the Manor and on the grounds. The tours are not recommended for children younger than 8.
For more information or to book your tour, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-964-6464.